UNTRIED SEXTET TO FACE TECH TONIGHT

Engineers Tied B. U. 3 to 3 Last Week -- Bailey and Ellison Make First Appearance in Crimson Line-Up

With three letter men in the starting line-up, the University hockey team will open its season tonight at 8.15 at the Arena with M. I. T. as the opposing sextet. Captain E. M. Beals '25 will not start, and it is not likely that he will get into the game except possibly for a few minutes, as he has had only three days of practice.

Veteran Forwards in Starting Array

Clark Hodder '25 at center, W. M. Austin '25 at left wing, and J. L. Newell '26 at goal are the veterans listed to start. Two former prep school captains are slated to play their first game for the Crimson. They are E. M. Bailey '27 from Middlesex at right wing, and W. P. Ellison '27 from Andover at right defense. L. O. Pratt '26, a member of the first squad last year, will start at left defense.

The absence of several letter men from the line-up besides Captain Beals is due to the fact that the football men were given a two weeks' rest. Howe, Hamlen, Scott and E. H. Bradford may appear briefly, but none of the other football men have even begun to practice.

Bigelow Carries On Winsor System

The advent of the 1924-25 Crimson hockey team under its new mentor, E. L. Bigelow '21, will be watched with interest as the first formal exhibition of a "Big Three" sextet. Schooled in the Winsor system, and himself one of its most brilliant exponents, Coach Bigelow is expected to carry on the teachings of his famous tutor. Coach Winsor is acting this year in an advisory capacity.

The Technology skaters are not rated as very formidable. In their first encounter of the year last Friday against Boston University, two extra ten-minute periods were unable to break a 3 to 3 deadlock. Reports from M. I. T. are, however, that the ragged team work shown in the B. U. game has been greatly improved. W. P. Berkley and E. G. Cubrinski at the defense positions have made a good showing during the past week of practice.

Tickets for the game may be obtained at the H. A. A. today. HARVARD  M. I. T. Austin I.W.  r.w. Randall Hodde. c.  c. Morton Bailey r.w.  l.w. Niles Pratt l.d.  r.d. Cubrinski Ellison r.d.  l.d. Berkley Newell g.  g. Deignan