HARVARD GRADUATE GOES TO SEA IN FORTY-FOOTER

SEAFARERS OUT TO GATHER NEW LITERARY MATERIAL

In a single-masted boat, and with only one companion, Dr. Richard Matthews Hallett '08 of Booth Bay Harbor, Maine, set sail yesterday from Booth Bay for Bermuda, the French West Indies, the Caribbean Sea and the coasts of South America. The romantic cruise is to last from five months to a year, and if all goes well, will include a trip through the Panama Canal and up to Los Angeles galore in Hallett and his companion, Henry Rowland of Washington, D. C., turn their 41-foot ketch toward home again.

Boat Built For Cruise

Their boat was built especially for the cruise, with a beam of 16 feet, a 12-horse power auxiliary engine and a shallow draft which will enable the adventurers to cruise among the coral islands and reefs of the Spanish Main as their Nancy directs.

Dr. Hallett received his A.B. from the College in 1908 and his LLB from the Harvard Law School in 1910. He is the author of several novels which have appeared serially in the Saturday Evening Post. The main purpose of the trip is for Dr. Hallett and his companion who is also a writer, to obtain material for more literary literary work.