DEBATERS PREPARE FOR INTERCOLLEGIATE MEETS

IS HARVARD'S SECOND DEBATE IN LEAGUE SERIES

The second trials for the debating teams to oppose Williams and Wesleyan on January 17 were held last night in Harvard Hall. H. W. Hardy '22, the coach of the debating team has retained eight men from which seven will be selected to debate on January 17.

An affirmative team and a negative team of two men each are to be chosen before the coming contests. The former will debate Williams at Williamstown and the later is scheduled to oppose Wesleyan here.

To Debate On Child Labor

The question to be discussed is, "Resolved: That this house favors the adoption of the proposed child labor amendment." The contests are part of the Eastern Intercollegiate Debating League schedule.

Cut Candidates To 25

Coach Hardy has retained eight men from a total of 25 who turned out last week at the time of the first trials. From these remaining eight men two teams of two men each and three alternates will be chosen. The coach plans to have the debaters gather new material during the vacation and to be prepared to speak at the final trials to be held shortly after the recess. To pick these teams he has decided to have two debates by four two-man teams that he will select from his eight candidates and by means of round table discussions.