AN INNOVATION

With the ever increasing recognition of the value of a Harvard School of Business Administration training there had developed an acute problem of limitation of facilities. In part it has been solved by use of college lecture halls before the traditional hour for college classes, at some inconvenience to Business School lecturers and students. It is this necessity for complete utilization of available equipment that has fostered the innovation of February to February classes, the first of which finishes its two year course this month. Though novel, this practice is not to be condemned except in so far as it reveals lack of equipment.

The shattering of the tradition of September of June classes is not without its advantages; hitherto students-finishing their college work at Mid-years have been forced to wait until the next September before beginning their professional training. For the man who is anxious to complete his education such a delay is irksome, if it does not actually cause abandonment of his plans over the long spring and summer. Indeed, the popularity of the experiment is indicated by the increase of enrollment in February classes to sixty one. Undoubtedly, the man who graduates in February has a better opportunity to find a suitable position in the business world than the man who joins the over-supply of college graduates in June. To self-supporting students this is another argument for a course at the Business School.

By making its facilities more available through a convenient time schedule, the School is at once approaching a position of greater importance in the educational world and attaining a fulfillment of its aims: better business by better trained business men.