WEATHER ONLY OBSTACLE TO START OF GOLF SEASON

Five Veterans Form Strong Nucleus for This Year's Team-Hodder and Peirson Bank High-Schedule Nearly Full

As soon as the weather and ground conditions at the local and country clubs are favorable, practice will begin for candidates for the University golf team, according to an announcement made last night. The schedule has been completed except for a few matches and playing privileges at some club are being secured. The team will not practice at Belmonth, as in previous years, and it is hoped that arrangements will soon be completed elsewhere.

The prospects for this year's team are bright with five regulars still in college. D. A. Williams '23, captain of last year's team, is the only man to be lost and with Captain R. M. Clough '24, Clark Hodder '25, W. G. Soule '25 and C. L. Peirson '25, the squad will be well-equipped with experienced regulars. Peirson and Hodder vied with each other last year for first place honors on the team and Captain Clough has played two years for the University.

The team will play several informal matches with neighboring clubs during the season. Aside from these, the schedule will be as follows:

April 24-Boston University.

April 29-M. I. T.

May 2 (morning)-Columbia at West-enester-Biltmore Country Club.

May 2 (afternoon) Pennsylvania at Westchester-Biltmore Country Club.

May 3-Princeton at Westchester-Biltmore Country Club.

May 7-Brown at Providence.

May 10-Williams.

May 16-Dartmouth.

May 23-Amherst.

May 30-Yale at Providence.

June 24 to 28-Intercollegiates.