GORE CAPTURES WINTER DORMITORY COMPETITION

WINNER TAKES FIRST IN 4 OUT OF 7 SPORTS

By taking first place in four of the seven sports, Gore Hall annexed the Winter Interdormitory athletic championship, according to an announcement made yesterday by Mr. D. J. Kelly, who is in charge of Interdormitory sports. Gore collected a total of 24 points, Standish 16, and Smith 14.

The points scored in the Winter championships will be counted toward the final total in June, when the dormitory receiving the highest number of points will be awarded the interdormitory cup, emblematic of Freshman dormitory athletic supremacy. The name of the winner will also be inscribed on the bronze shields in each dormitory, which Mr. J. I. Straus '93 presented to each dormitory three years ago. Since the interdormitory contests were established ten years ago, Standard has won the championship four times, Gore and Smith three times each.

The complete summary of winter events follows: Basketball Gore  5 Standish  3 Smith  1 Squash Smith  5 Gore  3 Standish  1 Hockey Standish  5 Gore  3 Smith  1 Handball Gore  5 Standish  3 Smith  1 Track Gore  5 Standish  3 Smith  1 Numerals Smith  5 Gore  3 Standish  1