NEED OF SPRING WORK EMPHASIZED BY FISHER

Coach Declares Training Program Will be More Thorough Than Ever--Plans Several Innovations in Practice

"The extra emphasis that we are placing on spring football this year is going to make the practice even more valuable than usual to those who intend to play football next fall," said Head-coach R. T. Fisher '12 to a CRIMSON reporter yesterday. "Plans are not completed yet but we are aiming at a more thorough program of training than ever before."

Spring practice, Coach Fisher went on to say, will begin on April 21 and will continue for three weeks. The Princeton squad began spring training on Monday and Yale is planning an intensive training period, so that the importance of these three weeks to football men according to Coach Fisher cannot be overemphasized.

Will Begin With Fundamentals

Coach Fisher hopes to have an unusually large group of coaches helping him this spring although the list has not yet been decided on. He stated that while the practice will at first be confined to the fundamentals of the game, but that he hopes to be able to try out, during the spring work, several innovations that will need a large squad of good material if they are to be successful.

If weather conditions are favorable, Coach Fisher plans to begin practice on April 21 inside the Stadium, which will be a fortnight earlier than was possible last year Falling on the ball, passing and signal work will constitute the practice at first. During the three weeks Mr. Fisher hopes to build up two or three teams so that scrimmage will be possible at the end. Drop-kicking, punting and placement kicking contests will as usual be held near the end of the practice period.