WINS PROFESSORSHIP FOR ONE YEAR OF LECTURING

COLLABORATED WITH PROF. SHAW ON "LAW AND BUSINESS"

The name of Mr. Nathan Isaacs heads a list of promotions announced as recently approved by the President and Fellows of Harvard College. Mr. Isaacs, beginning his first year at the University as a Lecturer on Business Law, has been promoted to be Professor of Business Law. He came to Cambridge on a leave of absence from the University of Pittsburgh, where he was a professor of law from 1920 to 1923. He collaborated with Professor Shaw in publishing "Law and Business."

Theodore Harwood Dillon, a graduate of West Point, has been chosen to occupy the newly created chair of Professor of Public Utility Management in the University Business School. Mr. Dillon comes to the University from Massachusetts Institute of Technology with a brilliant record of accomplishment in various parts of the world. He was assistant-director of public-works in Cuba from 1908 to 1910, did topographical work in the Philippines 1910-11, and was director of the Panama Railroad 1915 to 1917. During the war he was commissioned a Colonel in the Regular Army, and was awarded the D. S. C.

Will Lecture on Far East

Stanley Kuhl Hornbeck has been appointed Lecturer on History of the Far East. His services as technical expert for the American Commission to Negotiate Peace in 1918 made him a recognized authority on this subject. He was also Technical Expert to the American Delegation at the Conference on Limitation of Armament in 1921 in Washington.

Mr. Francis Bowes Sayre, son-in-law of the late President Wilson, has been created a Professor of Law, to take effect September 1, 1924, Mr. Sayre is at present in Siam, acting as Foreign Advisor to the King of that country. Graduating from Williams in 1909. Mr. Sayre received his LL. D. from the University in 1912.

Among the other promotions are Carroll William, Dodge G. '15, to Assistant Professor of Botany; William Edward McCurdy '16, to Assistant Professor of Law; Richard Stockton Merriam '14, to Assistant Professor of History; Joseph Leonard Walsh '16, to Assistant Professor of Mathematics.

Among numerous reappointment is that of Kenneth Ballard Murdock '16, assistant Dean, who has been engaged as Instructor of English for a three year period.