NINE WILL PRESENT FULL POWER TODAY

Slattery Picks Him Despite Wildness In Columbia Contest--Visitors Bring Strong Squad of Veterans

Presenting its full strength for the first time this season, the Crimson nine will entertain Bates College at Soldiers Field this afternoon at 4 o'clock. Captain Jenkins has been pronounced fit for action, and he will resume his place at short stop and the clean-up position in the batting order.

Hill Moved Back to Third Base

The return of Jenkins means that Hill will be moved to third base, his regular position, and the infield will present its most formidable array of the year. Hill's experience and fielding skill give him advantage over Slayton, who has guarded the third sack in all the games thus far. The Sophomore is a stronger hitter, however, on the basis of the showing of both on the spring trip, and he is still decidedly in the running.

Brown on Mound for Crimson

Earl Brown, the left-handed twirler whose wildness marred his showing in the Columbia game, is Coach Slattery's choice for mound duty this afternoon. The Crimson director feels that Brown has more on the ball than any other of his pitchers and he expects his control to improve with action. Columbia found him practically unhitable, and but for his wildness and his teammate's errors, the result might well have been reversed.

Bates Team Has Many Veterans

Bates has a team composed largely of veterans who gave a good account of themselves in the season's opener last Monday against Bowdoin, which Bates won 3 to 2 in 10 innings. Price, scheduled to pitch today, was on the mound against the Crimson a year ago. On that occasion he held the University to one lone hit but lost the game on account of six bases on balls and five errors, four of which he himself contributed.

Third Baseman Is Heavy Hitter

Daker, third baseman, is one of the leading hitters in Maine college baseball and Jordan, first baseman, is almost as good. The infield consists wholly of veterans, and the combination functioned flawlessly against Rowdoin. The outfield also has two lettermen and the catcher, Moulton, is a veteran of last year. Coach Slattery looks for a hard battle today.