SECONDS TO ENCOUNTER ST. JOHN'S PREP TEAM

Baseball Game Scheduled for 4 O'clock on Soldiers Field--Puffer Expected to be in the Box

The Harvard second nine will go after its second straight victory this afternoon at 4 o'clock when the St. John's Prep. nine opposes the Crimson on Soldiers Field. St. John's tied the seconds a year ago in a weird fray that was finally called on account of darkness.

O'Neil, the visiting pitcher, was knocked off the rubber in that contest, but he is likely to do much better this year. He has not yet lost a game, and in his last start on the mound he struck out 13 batters, defeating Allen-Chalmers School 9 to 6.

Coach Stewart will probably give Puffer another chance on the mound for the seconds. The latter's main fault against Andover was in his fielding. His pitching against the schoolboy's sluggers was above reproach, and Coach Stewart is confident that practice will improve his fielding.

The Harvard hitters, who started their season like whirlwinds by hammering three Middlesex pitchers all over the field, stumped in the three succeeding games. They came back last Friday against Wentworth, however, and they ought to give pitcher O'Neil, some bad moments this afternoon.