BEGIN PISTOL PRACTICE ON MONDAY AFTERNOON

WILL PICK TEAM FOR CONTESTS WITH OTHER COLLEGES

Under the direction of the Military Science department, pistol practice will be held at the Waverly Range beginning Monday, and those men proving to be the best shots will be selected for a team to represent the unit in competition with other college units from Princeton, Wisconsin, Missouri, Norwich, West Point, Culver Military--Academy, and possibly other colleges to be announced later.

The practice which will begin Monday, will be open only to those students enrolled in the Military Science Department. The purpose in establishing this course is to acquaint students with the action of the pistol, and also because students who intend to complete the Military Science Program, and thus receive commissions as officers in the Reserve Corps of the Army must be proficient in the use of the pistol.

As in former years, the range will be open afternoons, except Saturdays and Sundays from 1.30 to 4.30 o'clock in the afternoon. Students, going to the range should take the Waverly car leaving Harvard Square subway at 1, 2, or 3, o'clock. A truck will meet these cars at Waverly, and carry the men to the range.

To Limit Squad to 60 Each Afternoon

Because the enrolment in the Military Science Department is large, it has become necessary to limit the number attending on any one afternoon to 60 men. In order to alleviate the confusion which may come through this ruling, the Department desires that those men intending to report on any particular day shall sign up on a list provided on the bulletin board in Wadsworth House before noon on the proceeding day.

The matches scheduled with units from other colleges will be fired during the week of May 18, and since in former years several excellent shots have been developed among the men in the University, it is expected that the unit at Harvard will fare exceedingly well this year.