CRIMSON MEETS TUFTS WITH ONE EYE ON YALE

ERRATIC MEDFORD NINE HAS HAD MEDIOCRE SEASON

HarvardTufts Jenkins s.s.  3b. Etelman Campbell 1b.  c.f. Crowley Gordon c.f.  r.f. Atherton Todd l.f.  1b. McDowell Hammond 2b.  l.f. Kenneally Cheek c.  c. Bagley Rogers r.f.  s.s. Glennon Hill 3b.  2b. Mahoney Brown p.  p. Morais

The main business before Harvard's board of baseball strategy is to prevent Yale from making a clean sweep of the year's major sport contests, and for that reason today's game with Tufts is looked upon almost wholly as the last step in the preparation for Yale. Tufts will be the host of the Crimson nine at Tufts Oval at 3 o'clock.

The Medford aggregation does not shape up as a team that should offer the University too strenuous opposition, but Tufts teams in the past have habitually done well against the Crimson. Last year Tufts gained a 13 to 7 decision in spite of a record home run of Babe Ruth dimensions by Captain George Owen, and the home team will be out for its second straight today.

Brown Gets Another Chance

Coach Slattery has decided to use Brown in the box with Cheek behind the bat. The erratic southpaw was a big disappointment in the Dartmouth game, Wednesday, but Coach Slattery still banks upon him heavily for service in the Yale series and he believes that a hard workout today will put him in first class condition. Cheek's throwing to bases and all around aggressive play Wednesday have given him the call to start today, but it is still a problem who will don the mask and protector against Yale. Samborski's batting is too potent a factor to be left out of consideration entirely. It is more than possible that the two backstops will divide the work in the battles with the Blue.