RADIO STATION MAY BE INSTALLED IN STADIUM

COMMITTEE APPOINTED TO LOOK INTO PROPOSAL

A radio broadcasting station sending out reports of all athletic contests on Soldiers Field may be perched atop the Stadium next fall, it proposals submitted to the Athletic Committee on Wednesday evening by the Harvard Wireless Club receive the stamp of official approval.

In an extensive written report to the Committee, Harris Fahnestock Jr. '27, one of the leading members of the Wireless Club, outlined the scheme in detail.

Set to be Installed Above Colonnade

The proposed broadcasting set would be placed on the colonnade roof at the West side of the stadium. It would consist of a small portable building, 12 feet square, to be located over the West tower. In this building all the broadcasting apparatus would be housed. The aerial would be supported by two 50-foot poles, one near the instrument house and the other, 30 feet away, close by the press box.

An alternate scheme calls for a broadcasting station on the ground with 80-foot poles, but the Stadium proposal is regarded with greater favor by both the Athletic Committee and the Wireless Club. In either case, the Club plans to establish a regular broadcasting service which would send out detailed reports of all football games, baseball games, or track meets, as well as other bulletins on University affairs.

Committee Will Look Into Proposal

On Wednesday evening, the plan was favorably discussed by the Athletic Committee, but no definite action was taken. A committee was appointed, consisting of Professor G. W. Pierce; director of the University wireless station at the Cruft laboratory; J. W. D. Seymour '17, secretary to the University; and F. W. Moore '92, graduate treasurer of the Harvard Athletic Association. This committee, which has been given complete authority in the matter, will investigate the Wireless Club's proposal further and come to some definite decision, probably before the end of the year.