YALE AND PRINCETON TO OPEN HOCKEY SERIES

BLUE HAS LINE-UP OF LAST YEAR'S CHAMPIONS

Princeton, N. J., Jan. 9. The Big Three hockey competition will open tomorrow night when the Yale sextet opposes Princeton in the Hobart Baker Memorial Rink. Although a comparison of scores gives the Blue an edge in tomorrow night's encounter, the battle promises to be a close one.

The destruction of the New Haven Arena by fire last June has not seriously affected the Eli team and they have come through the season victorious in all their games so far. The outstanding victories were the two defeats of Queens College of Toronto in two games played during the Christmas recess at Pittsburgh. The entire Yale team is composed of veterans who were on last year's championship squad.

The Tiger sextet is also strong and should prove an obstacle that the Elis will find difficult to surmount. Although the Nassau men have a comparatively unimpressive record the team has been brilliant at times especially in defeating the St. Nicholas Club team. However, the Orange and Black fell before the Williams six which was defeated by Yale in three contests. The Princeton team's development has been slow, but critics expect them to offer stiff opposition to Yale's stickmen.