DEMAND STILL GROWS FOR "HARVARD NIGHT" TICKETS

OPERA IS ONE OF FINEST MODERN ITALIAN PRODUCTIONS

With the date of the "Harvard Night" performance of "L'Amore Dei Tre Re," given by the Chicago Opera Company less than three weeks away, a large demand for seats is expected.

Application have been filed slowly but steadily during the last week at the Music Building office, and success for the proposal will be certain if those men who expect to attend will make their applications within the next few days. Tickets for all performances given by the Chicago Company at the Opera House have usually been completely sold out far in advance, so that the management will not be able to promise a part of will not be able to promise a part of the hall to the University unless there is a large number of early applications.

"L'Amore Dei Tre Re," while based upon an Italian tragic poem, is not without its sublime beauty as set to music by Italo Montemezzi. It is justly considered, upon eminent authority, one of the finest products of modern Italian genius. Sem Benelli, one of Italy's foremost living playwrights, who wrote the poem, tells the story in a terse, swiftly moving drama coupled with music which vividly depicts events running fatefully toward an inevitable human cataclysm. While Montemezzi's score is not necessarily set to one particular melodious theme, nevertheless there is a succession of musical phrases that clothe the words and the thought behind them, their significance, their most subtle suggestion, in the weft and woof of expressive music.

The work has been termed a mediaeval tapestry, the colors of which have not faded but glow with even a more intense laded but glow with even a more intense depth and opulence in their vividness. It has been further stated that of the many musical scores that have come out of Italy since the death of Verdi The Love of Three Kings is one of the most eloquent.

The principal characters are but four. They include the King of Altura: his son Manfredo: a former Prince of Altura: and the wife of Manfredo. The inhabitants of the province of Altura complete an ensemble whose setting is in the tenth century, and the place is a remote castle of Italy, after a barbarian invasion which had been led, by the son of the king.

Tickets for the "Harvard Night" performance, ranging in price from $6.50 to $2.00, may be obtained on application to the Secretary at the Music Building Office between 9 and 12 o'clock every morning.