TEN NEW MEN REPORT TO MITCHELL FOR FALL WORK

FREQUENT SUBSTITUTIONS MADE IN LIVELY PRACTICE

The additional men, among them F. W. Norris '28, outfielder of last year's Freshman squad, yesterday further augmented Coach Mitchell's fall baseball squad. Two tentative line-ups were chosen as a forerunner to the coming series of games which are due to be played early next week.

The steady growth of the squad makes it especially likely that the coach will pare the squad down to a more manageable size. This will probably be done before the first game, which has been postponed from today to the beginning of next week.

Mitchell Picks Two Teams

After a long session devoted to the batsmen, Coach Mitchell picked two teams for the fielding session. Team A with Captain C. L. Todd, Jr. 26, in left field, showed a fair sprinkling of veterans. H. L. DeRham '27, behind the plate, and W. P. Ellison '27, in right field, are both lettermen of the 1925 team, while the remainder of the nine all have had experience on the University squad, Seconds or on Freshman teams.

Team B, though not so formidable on paper as team A, should nevertheless, give a good account of itself in the event of its being named to oppose Team A, on Monday. The outer defense is taken care of by a trio of last year's Freshmen.

Substitutions were frequently made in both combinations and the practice was run off at a livelier pace than has been the case heretofore, Coach Mitchell for the first time allowing the players to cut loose with their throws.

At the beginning of practice, the two teams lined up as follows:

Team A: De Rham, c.; Donald, 1b.; Knowlton, 2b.; Sullivan, 3.s.; Erickson, 3b.; Captain Todd, l.f.; Amsden, c.f.; Ellison, r.f.

Team B: Eisner, c.; Durkee, 1b.; Fay, 2b.; Dacey, s.s.; Cox, 3b; Norris, l.f.; Chase, c.f.; Donaldson, r.f.