ELIS PILOT PONIES TO VICTORY OVER CRIMSON

BLUE RIDERS PLAY REMARKABLE POLO IN THEIR FIRST GAME

Yale rode to a decisive victory over the University polo team at Dedham on Saturday, by a score of 9 to 6. By piling up four goals in the first chukker, two of them made in the first two minutes of play, the Bulldog was able to maintain a substantial lead through the hard-fought periods that followed.

The game was remarkable both for the lack of team-play shown by the Crimson riders early in the game, and by the exceptional teamwork of the Yale men, who before the game had not practised before together this season.

Pinkerton Shifted to Back

At the start of the second period R. A. Pinkerton '26 changed to back shifting J. A. Remick '28 to his position at number three. With this combination the Crimson team showed more power and was able to hold the Elis to an average of one goal in each period. In the last period the game was saved for the Blue only by its tremendous lead, when Harvard scored four goals in quick succession.

Crimson Captain Stars

Captain Pinkerton at all times did invaluable work at defense, and scored two of Harvard's six goals. Frederick Baldwin and Winsted Guest did particularly brilliant work for the Yale defense and starred on the offense. Two substitutions were made during the game, Barrett going in for Phipps, of Yale, and R. P. Gibb '29 taking Remick's place in the Crimson line-up.

Six chukkers were played of seven minutes and a half apiece. Alexander Shaw '28 scored four of the Crimson goals, and Captain Pinkerton two. Baldwin, Guest and Muir divided the laurels for the Elis, each tallying three times.