UNIVERSITY AND 1929 HARRIERS FACE M.I.T.

BOTH FRESHMAN OUTFITS HAVE BOWED TO ARLINGTON

The late start of the M.I.T. cross country team should be a great handicap to it in the run with the University ten here this afternoon. The first meet for the Tech harriers last Saturday was lost to the University of New Hampshire 31 to 4, over the Durham obstacles racetrack, while the Crimson runners have kept a clean slates so far.

Meets with Middlebury, Holy Cross, and Dartmouth have been successfully run off, though Dartmouth offered considerable difficulty, and went down to defeat by the narow margin of one point.

Captain Rooney Expected to Place

Captain Rooney, Rick, and Chute are the greatest threats in the M.I.T. lineup, all of them having finished among the first five last Saturday against New Hampshire.

J. N. Watters '26, who has not been in the running this season, will be included in the University line-up this afternoon. Two new men have been included, W. V. King '28 and H. R. Kobes '26, who will take the places left by L. B. R. Barker '26 and J. L. Novogrod '27. Watter's arrival forced A. C. Harper '26 from the list.

Crimson Runners Confident

In spite of this shakeup confidence prevails in the University camp. The outcome of the Freshman meet is more uncertain. Both the M. I. T. and Crimson 1929 teams have been defeated by the Arlington High School runners.

The M. I. T. Freshman opened their season two weeks ago, when they went down to a 23 to 32 defeat at Arlington. The Crimson 1929 barriers were out pointed 86 to 124, but as the meet was an informal one, comparative scores may not be relied upon. McClintock of the Tech yearlings may be counted on to take first place, as he has twice set records over enemy courses this year.

The University will race as follows: W. L. Tibbets '26, E. C. Haggerty '27, R. G. Luttman '28, Edward Gordon '27, G. L. Stebbins '28, J. N. Watters '26, L. P. Feinberg '27, Peppino Portfillio '26, W. V. King '28, and H. R. Kobes '26.

The Freshmen will run as follows: Leslie Flaskman, J. P. Wildes, A. S.Woodworth, W. P. J. P.Emmons, W. R. Maclauren, J. W. Downing, W. R. Driver, F. H. Pollard.