SOPHOMORES TRIUMPH IN INTERCLASS SERIES

Defeat Junior Eleven by 7 to 0 Score for Second Straight win--Freshmen Humble Seniors

A 30-yard return of a punt from midfield by J. P. Chase '28, Sophomore safety man followed with a long dash through center by Stephen Van Rensseleaer '28, paved the way for the 1928 team's lone score yesterday, when it defeated the Junior eleven 7 to 0 on the Freshman field. In the Senior-Freshman clash which also took place yesterday afternoon, the first year men, humbled their older opponents 7 to 0, when R. B. Covel '29, made a brilliant 50-yard dash for a score after intercepting a pass in midfield.

Because of their win yesterday, the Sophomore team now stands at the top of the list with two victories and no defeats. The 1927 team fought the second year squad to a stand still in the first half, but in the third and fourth periods the powerful Sophomore attacks came to life, scored one touchdown, and threatened the opposing goal line on several occasions. In the first half the winners were within striking distance of the goal posts, as the result of a blocked kick, but the Juniors intercepted an attempted pass and kicked out of danger.

Following their victory yesterday, the Freshmen elected O. P. Jackson captain. In the Senior backfield Wells Fay '26, and Clyde Smith '26, stood out both as bell carriers and defensive backs. A large and enthusiastic crowd withnessed the two games.