POWERFUL OFFENSE LAYS SCRUBMEN LOW

Flanks Ends for 34 and 40-Yard Runs--Clark Scores Third Tally on Line Plunge--Two Kicks Score

In a scrimmage lasting somewhat less than an hour, the University football team, playing with the first-string line and a substitute back-field, ran up 20 points against Coach Knox's black team.

Zarakov, flashing the form that made him famous as a Freshman two years ago, scored two of the tallies on 34 and 40-yard runs around the scrub ends.

The team A line with Adie and E. H. Bradford at ends, and the Team B. backfield of Stafford, Moseley, Baldwin, and Howe opened hostilities against the first team of Coach Knox's forces. Later Zarokov and Puffer were substituted for Moseley and Baldwin.

Puffer Pulls Down Pass

After an exchange of punts that failed to gain for either team, Puffer intercepted a pass on hits own 38 yard line. After an 11-yard advance, the Seconds held, and Hamden punted over the goal-line. Coach Knox's men were also unable to gain, and were forced to kick, the ball being caught on their 40-yard line. Zarakov's free kick from placement failed to clear the goal, and the scrubs put the ball in play by again punting. After a short advance by the University team, Zarakov circled his end and got away for a 34-yard dash which gave the red-shirts their first score. Puffer soon after booted the ball between the posts for the extra point.

The next score was the result of a blocked kick, Chase recovering the loose ball and advancing to the 40-yard line before being downed. From there Zarakov again took matters into his own bands, covering the remaining distance to the goal line on an end run. McGlone kicked the goal.

Clark Scores Tally

One more touchdown was scored by the University team when Clark took the ball over on a plunge through the line. The feature play leading to this score was contributed by McGlone, whose 15-yard advance put the ball in scoring position.

On the defence, the Fisher machine proved equally powerful. The scrubs could make no headway, and were constantly forced to kick. On three occasions they were given the ball within the 15-yard mark, but they could make no impression on the University line and were each time held for downs.

Adie excused from yesterday's practice was back in the line-up, but Daly and Coady were still on Dr. Richard's injury list. Gamache, end of the 1924 squad, will be ineligible for the rest of the season on account of scholastic difficulties.

For signal drill after the scrimmage, Team A lined up with Captain Cheek, Miller, Crosby, and Howe as carriers. Saltonstall and Sayles were at the ends; Nash and Lindner at the tackles; Macomber at center was flanked by Kilgour and C. H. Bradford.

On team B. Stafford had with him as carriers Baldwin, Moseley and Clark. A. O. Fordyce took Doherty's place at end, with E. H. Bradford as his running mate. Pratt and Taylor filled the tackle posts, with Daniell, Turner, and Tripp as the center trie. Hogue was not in uniform, Tupp of Team C. being promoted to fill his place.