TWELVE MEN PICKED BY '29 FROM 41 NOMINATED

Football Players Numerous Among Members of Newly Elected Committees--Captain of Team Polls Greatest Vote

Twelve men were elected to the Freshman Dormitory Committees by the class of 1929 yesterday. As last year, the Freshman football captain received the largest vote of any of the 41 candidates, A. E. French of Shepherd Hall amassing a total of 79. Last year Dudley Bell, 1928 gridiron leader, polled 174 votes. The comparatively small total of the winning vote this fall is largely due to the great number of candidates.

As usual football players were prominent among the candidates, R. H. O'Connell, husky end, received the highest vote in Smith Halls, while C. M. Churchill, substitute center, led on the Standish ballot. In Gore Hall, E. T. Putnam, Freshman quarterback, tied for the lead with B. H. Beal.

Other members of the football squad who won places on the committees were T. G. Moore, halfback, G. H. Norris, a reserve guard, and James Lawrence, substitute end.

The first duty for the newly-elected committee members will be to assist in arranging plans for the coming mass meeting, which will be hold in Smith Halls quadrangle at 7.15 o'clock tomorrow evening.

They will meet in the President's office in the CRIMSON building at 1.30 o'clock today.

The winners follow: GORE HALL Resident B. H. Beal  66 E. T. Putnam  66 James Lawrence  63 Little, Hall E. W. Sexton  60 STANDISH HALL Resident C. M. Churchill  67 S. G. Hardy  57 T. G. Moore  41 Shepherd Hall A. E. French  79 SMITH HALLS Resident R. H. O'Connell  68 G. H. Norris  65 F. W. Farnworth  62 Non-Resident C. B. Carnegie  48