Ladies' Home Journal Sends Ha rvard Man to Confer With Budding Authors on Mag azine Short Story Requirements

Harvard students whose professional literary efforts in the past have been rewarded by nothing but pink rejection slips will be able to learn the reason why this week from J. F. Lincoln '23, who has been sent to Cambridge by the editors of the Ladies' Home Journal to explain to prospective authors the requirements of modern fiction magazines.

During his stay here, Lincoln will hold individual conference at the office of the Graduate Secretary of the Union from 2 to 4 o'clock each afternoon this week; he will also speak informally to groups of editors from the University publications; and to members of several of the composition courses in the University.

If this unique form of vocational guidance proves successful here it may be extended to all the colleges of the country, as magazine editors believe that most of their contributors in the future will be university graduates, and they are eager to give these embryo authors the benefit of their experience in short story writing and editing.

Lincoln is a son of Joseph Lincoln, well known as the author of novels of Cape Cod life. Graduating from Harvard two years ago, he worked for a year as a reporter on the staff of the Philadelphia Public Ledger. During the past year he has been associated with the Curtis Publishing Company as a writer and editor.