TIRED! AND MORE TIRED!

The papers have had their fling at the students of Northwestern University who recently staged so striking a demonstration to commemorate their football successes of the past season. The celebration took the form of incendiarism. Revelers set fire to an abandoned fraternity house and to the wooden stands surrounding the old athletic field.

None of the papers, however, have mentioned, in connection with this affair, a very singular article which appeared in the Northwestern undergraduate newspaper a year ago. It is well to recall it. Said the editor:

"We are tired!

"We are tired of this everlasting blah blah about a winning football team.

"We are tired of having a football coach who trains forty men and receives as large a salary as four instructors who teach one particular subject to six hundred students.

"We are tired of this stadium bunk whereby 50,000 spectators watch twenty-two men or rather employees battle for supremacy.

"We are tired of all the efforts to make this the last resting place for the dumb but brawny boys."

It seems that the football fanatics have gone out of their way to supply their editor with a picturesque example to justify his prophetic ennui.