PROGRAM FOR WORLD COURT CONFERENCE HERE. THIS COMING WEEK-END COMPLETED

Hudson, Thomas, Alley, Page, and Collins to Speak Friday, Saturday and Sunday

The Intercollegiate World Court Conference of Greater Boston will begin at 8 o'clock Friday evening in Peabody Hall, Phillips Brooks House, with Alden G. Alley '01, on the platform. The conference, in which 21 colleges and universities will be represented, will last three days with forums and discussions led by a number of prominent men.

"The World We Live In" will be the topic of Mr. Alley, who is a foremost leader of the League of Nations Nonpartisan Association. After his speech there will be given a survey of the present international situation which demands international organization.

Fellowship Secretary Speaks

On Saturday morning at 9 o'clock, George Collins, Secretary of the Fellowship of Reconciliation, will speak preparatory to discussion on the existing organizations of the world and the relation of the Uniter States to them. The conference will be divided into several groups for this discussion.

At 11 o'clock on Saturday, Professor Manley O. Hudson '10, member of the Secretariat of the League of Nations and one of the most prominent proponents of American cooperation in world affairs, will address the conference. His subject will be "Achievements of International Organization to Date."

Norman Thomas, prominent pacifist, who was candidate for governor of New York on the La Follette platform in 1924 and was socialist candidate for Mayor of New York City last month, will be one of the speakers on Saturday evening. He will talk on "The Relation of Public Opinion to Governmental Action." George Collins will speak on "America's Responsibility." The evening meeting, originally scheduled to take place in Emerson Hall, will be held in Phillips Brooks House at 8 o'clock.

On Sunday morning at 9 o'clock there will be a discussion on the relation of students to international matters. Kirby Page, author of "An American Peace Policy," will mount the platform either at the beginning or the end of the discussion, and will give his views on the place American students should hold in the shaping of foreign affairs.

Last Meeting at 2 o'clock

The final meeting will be held at 2 o'clock Sunday afternoon. A forum on the continuation program in Boston, based on the report of the Findings Committee, will be led by the chairman of the Harvard delegation, F. V. Field '27. Kirby Page's speech on "The Challenge of the World Situation to Student Action," and a pronouncement of views on the World Court question, will bring the conference to a close.

The conference will be open to all members of the institutions represented. These are as follows: Boston University, Harvard, Radcliffe, Emerson College of Oratory, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Sargent School, Tufts, Wellesley, Framingham Normal School, Gordon College, Northeastern, Newton Theological School, Wheaton, Brown, and the University of New Hampshire.

The Greater Boston Conference is one of a number being held preliminary to the national conference at Princeton on December 11 and 12, which will be attended by representatives of 67 colleges and universities.

The issue immediately before these conference is that of American adherence to the World Court. In the meetings to be held here, however, another and more far reaching problem will be discussed. This is the founding of a permanent organization, to deal with international affairs among students in Greater Boston institutions, so that interest in matters of world interest will not die with the final decision on the World Court.

The committee in charge of the Greater Boston conference is composed of Claude shotts, massachusetts Institute of Technology; Dorothy Bourne, Boston University; Margaret Hummull, Secretary for Presbyterian Women in Boston, Abraham Wirin, Secretary of the Fellowship of Youth and Peace, and F.V. Field '27, of Harvard. The Harvard committee appointed by the Student Council, consists of F.V. Field '27, H. W. Foote '27, and L. H. Duggan '27. This committee will announce a list of delegates from the University later in the week.