BRITISH LABOR LEADER IS NEXT UNION SPEAKER

TWO NEW DINING ROOMS OPENED AS UNION PATRONAGE SWELLS

The Union management has announced that Albert Mansbridge, founder of the Workers' Educational Association in England, will be the first speaker after the holidays, on Wednesday, January 6.

Mr. Mansbridge, who has received degrees from Oxford, Cambridge and Manchester in England, has since been closely identified with the movement in England to improve working conditions. He is now in this country, on his way to give a lecture course at the University of California.

The subject of the talk is not yet definitely known, but it is expected that Mr. Mansbridge will talk about the Labor tendencies in England and the likelihood of revolution in the near future. It is hoped that he will throw some light on the work of the Miners' Union, whose secretary is said to have been speaking in England to promote revolution.

Movies for Smokers

The acquisition of a new moving picture projector of the very latest type, which features a new incandescent lamp instead of the ordinary unclamp type, has been announced by the Union. Early tests of the machine have proved very satisfactory, but even better results are expected when the new screen has been obtained. The machine will be available for motion pictures at class smokers whenever desired.

Special Christmas Menus

The Union has announced that Rooms A and B are to be converted into private dining rooms. These rooms accommodate 25 and 100 diners respectively, and mark one more step in the extension of Union dining facilities. The upstairs dining room was opened last winter. The patronage of the Union this year has been the largest ever, and is steadily improving.

Plans for the service daring vacation were given out yesterday. Beside the a la carte service already announced, there will be a special entree every noon and evening.

On Christmas day dinner will be served both at miday and in the evening. A special menu will be made up for the occasion.