PHI BETA KAPPA WILL GIVE TUTORING AGAIN

Major, a Junior, Is Chairman--Service Will Begin Immediately After Recess for All Students Who Wish It

The Phi Beta Kappa Tutoring Bureau will extend the usual priveleges of tutoring before the mid-year examinations again this year, according to a recent announcement.

This service is intended to help students to adjust themselves to the methods of college study. The principle is not to lift the burden of work from their shoulders, or to compete with the professional tutors and tutoring schools. On the other hand, it is desided that the necessity for the latter be done away with, and that the students learn to study by themselves, and to study property.

Mosely Gives Statement

"Most men who fall down in their lessons do so primarily because they don't know how to study," declared P. E. Mosely '26, Secretary of the Phi Beta Kappa Society, when speaking about the service. "There are 38 members of the Phi Beta Kappa Society at Harvard at the present time. They are men studying in all departments of the University and they have taken collectively almost all the courses offered, and can give advice on how to study for them. No substance of the courses will be given, but our advice is at the disposal of all students without charge."

G. T. Major '27, is in charge of the Bureau and office hours are to be held in Weld 29, after Christmas, at a time to be announced later.

A new system of running the Bureau will be adopted in the next year. Major is the first Junior chairman to take office. He will run the bureau through November hour examinations of next year. This will give Freshmen entering college a chance to get an early start and assistance before the November hour examinations, a time when a large number are put on probation. Hitherto the Bureau has not got its work under way until just before mid-years, when it is sometimes too late. The Bureau requests, therefore, that those students who deside aid present themselves at an early date in order that the work may be efficiently organized.