THEATREGOERS HEAR EDDINGER AND YOUNG

Wallace Eddinger Enthusiastic Over Contest for Best Play Criticisms--Will Be Help to the Theatre

The Theatregoers have offered all members of the University interested in affairs of the theatre a charter membership in the club which will be organized at 3.05 this afternoon in Harvard 1. The speakers are Roland Young, star in "Beggar on Horseback", who will speak on "Audiences", and Wallace Eddinger, leading man in "Spin-Drift", who will discuss the annual scholarship which he is sponsoring for Harvard's most promising actor.

Last night Mr. Eddinger was very enthusiastic over the CRIMSON prize offer to stimulate dramatic criticism and declared that he was anxious to incorporate an estimate of it in his speech. He insisted, "It will be of very great advantage, both to the theatre in Boston and to the CRIMSON. Nothing is a better test of literary ability than the task of criticising a play. The CRIMSON will be the gainer by a number of telling criticisms, the stage by a better knowledge of undergraduate likes, and the student, winner or not, will sharpen his critical power.

"I am delighted to see this undergraduate interest. Better criticism goes hand-in-glove with better acting. The actor needs that criticism and I see your contest from the actor's point of view. My task is to improve the opportunities for undergraduates on the stage, your's to improve his opportunities in the critic's seat."

After Mr. Young and Mr. Eddinger have spoken, the preliminary, arrangements for organization will be effected. The by-laws and the names of suggested candidates for officers which have been submitted by the temporary Executive Committee will be read from the platform.

The offices of President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer are provided for in the proposed constitution. It is planned that the officers shall be chairmen of the numerous committees. There will be five, or perhaps six, committees in all, a committee on Interviews, one on Membership, a third on Finance, which may serve the further purpose of handling the publicity.

One of the most important purposes of the club, play-criticism, will be provided for by still another committee, one appointed to visit and comment on plays, the committee to be known as the Board of Critics.