Anthropologist Invites University Students to Join Expedition After Prehistoric Remains of Missing Link

Harvard students may share in the unearthing of the still undiscovered "missing link" if success crowns the efforts of a proposed expedition after prehistoric remains, which has opened its ranks to members of the University.

This was the statement of Professor E. A. Hooton of the Department of Anthropology yesterday. "Dr. Alex Hrdlicka of the National Museum in Washington is anxious to take several students interested in anthropology with him on an expedition beginning. April 1. He is setting out for a series of visits to the locations of former discoveries of prehistoric remains in Africa, Java, India, and Australia.

"He will instruct these students in the principles of anthropology, in which he is one of the greatest students. The experience would be invaluable to anyone interested in pursuing the study. Purely as an adventure it will be one of the most interesting a man could enjoy. The trip will require at least six months and the cost will be reasonable."

The whole story of the proposed trip was given by Professor Hooton when he was questioned about the recent discoveries in Rhodesia. He believes that if many members of the University are interested in the discoveries of prehistoric remains, at least a few would enjoy making the finds. All those adventurers who may make the trip will have their appetites whetted by the news that the "missing link" is not yet found. This is Professor Hooton's estimate of the reported unearthing in Rhodesia of the skull of the lowest type of man yet known.

Professor Hooton says. "There is, to my mind, nothing human about the skull. It more closely resembles the skull of an orang-outang. As such it would be remarkable as the first of an orang-outang ever found in Africa."