ANNOUNCE ITINERARY FOR THE FUROPEAN TRIP OF CRIMSON ESSAY CONTEST WINNER

United States Line Tour Covers Europe From Southampton to Naples--Visit Paris, Geneva, Rome, Florence, Venice, Heidelberg, Amsterdam, and London

Interest in the call for constructive criticism of the Harvard of today and tomorrow will be stimulated by announcement of the itinerary of the free tour which is to be given to the undergraduate who best answers in an essay the question "What one policy, plan, or improvement would you like to see extended or inaugurated at Harvard?"

In thus awarding the United Stares Line tour, which is given by the Student Tours Association, the CRIMSON will accomplish the double purpose of making a well merited choice and of electing a deal of constructive criticism of University policy from undergraduates. Hitherto much discussion and suggestion has come from the alumni, but no authoritative expression from the student body.

The Itinerary

The itinerary which will carry the fortunate writer across Europe from Southampton to Naples, is as follows:

Saturday, July 11--Leave S. S. George Washington.

Tuesday, July 21--Arrive Cherbourg and rail to Paris.

Wednesday, July 22, to Saturday, July 25--In Paris. *Seats in sightseeing auto with guide provided on two days visiting the city and Versailles.

Sunday, July 26--Night train to Geneva. (Sleeping berths included.)

Monday, July 27--In Geneva. *Half day excursion by sightseeing auto with guide visiting the city.

Tuesday, July 28--Steamer to Montreaux.

Wednesday, July 29--Rail via Simpion Pass to Milan and Genoa.

Thursday, July 30--Via Pisa to Rome.

Saturday, August 1--In Rome. *Seats in sightseeing auto with guide provided on two days, visiting the city.

Tuesday, August 4--Rail to Naples.

Wednesday, August 5--In Naples.

*Excursion by sightseeing auto with guide to Pompeil and Vesuvius.

Thursday, August 6--Night train to Florence. (Sleeping car berth included.)

Friday, August 7 In Florence. *Excursion with guide and sightseeing auto visiting the city.

Saturday, August S. Night train to Venice. (Sleeping car berth included.)

Sunday, August 9, and Monday, August 10--In Venice. *Excursion on one day with guide all day, gondola in the afternoon, visiting the city.

Tuesday, August 11--Rail via Milan to Lugano.

Wednesday, August 12--Via St. Gotthard Tunnel to Lucerne and continue via Brunig Pass to Interlaken.

Thursday, August 13--At Interlaken. Afternoon train to Zurich.

Friday, August 14--Morning train to Stuttgart.

Saturday, August 15. Afternoon train to Heidelberg.

Sunday, August 16--Rail to Mayence.

Monday, August 17--Steamer on the Rhine to Cologne.

Tuesday, August 18--Rail to Amsterdam.

Wednesday, August 19--In Amsterdam. *Unaccompanied excursion to the Isle of Marken.

Thursday, August 20--Morning train to the Hague. Continue on afternoon train to Rotterdam and night service to London via Hook and Harwich.

Friday, August 21, to Monday, August 24--In London. *Seats in sightseeing auto provided on 2 1-2 days with private guide visiting the city. Windsor. Eton and Hampton Court.

Tuesday, August 25--Rail to Southampton and sail for New York S. S. Leviathan.

Monday, August 31--Arrive in New York.

*Sightseeing indicated in the above itinerary is optional at a total cost of $55.

Meals (on the Continent)--Luncheon and dinner served at the hotels or on sightseeing trips may be arranged for in advance at total cost of $61.25.

However, those who prefer not to prepay luncheon and dinner can make their own arrangements at all places without any difficulty.