CRIMSON TRACK MEN HAVE CHANCE TO WIN

Relay Teams Have Stiff Competition--Miller and Fletcher Impressive in Practice Showing

Georgetown, Pennsylvania, Harvard, Yale and Cornell--any one of these may win the fourth annual indoor games of the I. C. A. A. A. A. which will be held in the 102nd Engineers Armory in New York City this evening. The general concensus of opinion predicts that the colleges will rank in the above order at the end of the meet.

Norton Georgetown Wonder Man

Georgetown places its hopes on a small squad of 21 men, but this confidence appears justifiable when one scans their list of entries. At the head of the list comes Emerson Norton, who finished second to Osborne in the Olympic decathlon last August. Norton is almost undoubtedly the greatest all round athlete in college ranks today.

Furthermore, Georgetown's relay teams will be hard to beat. Swinburne, Herlihy, Burgess, present national 440-yard champion, and Captain Kinnaly for the one-mile team: and Gegon, Brooks, Marsters and Holen for the two-mile relay, with one exception the same Georgetown team that holds the world's record of 7 minutes 47 seconds, are expected to add heavily to the Washington college's total.

Miller Shatters Sprint Mark

The Georgetown array is impressive, but very close to it comes the Crimson offering of Miller, Fletcher, Tibbetts, Allen, Kane, Watters, Lundell, Chapin, Cutcheon, Berglund and Captain Dunker. Rumors have been afloat during the past week of remarkable performances these athletes were turning in on the board track at Soldiers Field. The one about Miller breaking the world time in the 70-yard dash on the M. I. T. track is known to be authentic. Fletcher, the hurdler who broke into fame last week, has shown by the consistant repetition of his world record performance that the stopwatches at Mechanics Hall were not at fault.

Barker, Kobes, Cutcheon and Chapin will constitute the two-mile team. Both Georgetown and Boston College are in their road to victory, but the Crimson team will be distinctly in the running.

An optimistic estimate of Harvard's chances gives the Crimson three firsts, three seconds, and two other more remote places. In other words, if every University performer is at the peak of his form, Harvard will upset predictions and gain its indoor intercollegiate title.