FRESHMAN CLASS MEETS AT LECTURE HALL TODAY

President Lowell, Leighton, and Blake to Explain Concentration--Blanks Due Before May 9

At 9 o'clock this morning a mass meeting of the entire Freshmen class will be held in the New Lecture Hall. A discussion of the system of concentration and distribution will be made by President Lowell, Assistant Dean Delmar Leighton '19, Secretary to the Committee on the Choice of Electives, and Dr. Robert P. Blake G'12, tutor in the Division of History.

The purpose of the meeting is to give Freshmen a clear understanding of the regulations which will govern the recomender of their college course. President Lowell will speak on the purpose and advantages of the system of concentration and distribution. Assistant Donn Leighton will take up the practical application of the system and the steps which must be taken by Freshmen. Dr. Black will discuss the relation of tutor on the student in the tutorial system.

The immediate occasion for the meeting is that all Freshmen on or before May must file blanks which define the field which they mean to concentrate and to state the courses which they mean to take in order to satisfy their distribution requirements. Changes, however, may be made next fall.