FRESHMEN HOLD SMOKER AT 7.30 THIS EVENING

SOPHOMORE AFFAIR TO BE HELD THURSDAY EVENING

The final plans for the Freshman smoker which will take place tonight at 7.30 o'clock in the Living Room of the Union, were announced yesterday at a meeting of the Smoker committee.

The speakers will be Assistant Dean E. A. Whitney '17, Mr. T. W. Slocum '90. President of the Harvard Club of New York and an Overseer of the University, and C. C. Buell '23, captain of the University football team. From the Freshman ranks the speakers will be A. H. O'Neil, president of the Freshman class and newly elected track captain, and W. B. Jones, Freshman baseball captain. Jones will speak on Freshman Pops Night, which is to occur on May 11.

Entertainment will be furnished by Bert Lowe's best seven-piece orchestra and by the Merrymount double quartet. One feature of the evening will be the performance of W. S. Wilson '27 and J. H. Wright '25, the stars of the Hasty Pudding show, who will execute a dance. Refreshments will be served and souvenirs distributed.

The Sophomore Smoker will be held on Thursday at 7.30 o'clock in the Living Room of the Union. The principal speaker will be C. A. Coolidge '17, C. P. Curtis Jr. '14, who was scheduled to speak, will be unable to do so.