FINLEY TO BE ORATOR AT P. B. K. EXERCISES

STUDENTS AND PUBLIC INVITED TO LITERARY EVENT

Dr. John Huston Finley, Editor of the New York Times will be the orator at the anniversary meeting of the University chapter of Phi Beta Kappa in Sanders Theatre on Friday, June 19. Arthur Davison Ficke '04 will be the poet and Professor E. K. Rand '94, the President of the Society, will preside at the meeting according to an announcement made by the society recently.

All Students and Public Invited

All members of the University and the public are invited to literary exercises and all members of the fraternity are invited to the exercises and the dinner, which will be held at the Union at 1 o'clock, just after the meeting.

The society specially invites to the literary exercises all winners of scholarships, prizes, and other academic distinctions in the College during the past year, the parents of these students and the head-masters of the schools at which they were prepared for college.

These meetings, which have been a traditional feature of the Commencement Week exercises of the University chapter since its organization in 1791, are yearly the occasion of literary exercises of the first rank for scholarly value. Such men as Ralph Waldo Emerson 1821, Oliver Wendell Holmes '61 and Henry Wadsworth Longfellow (hon.) '59 have read poems at these meetings. Among the men who have delivered lorations on these occasions are Edward Everett 1811, Joseph Story 1798, and Charles Sumner 1830.

The society expects to be able to announce in the near future the election of five men from the Senior class who have shown distinction in the divisional examinations or attained high honors at graduation