MINOR SPORT COUNCIL MAY AWARD "H" TO MINOR TEAMS

The Minor Sports Council will meet tonight to consider the establishment of a minor "H" to be established in the University.

The definite provisions to be included in the proposed new regulation are not yet definitely settled, but will be under discussion at the meeting this evening.

Minor sports letters are awarded at many colleges, notably Yale, Cornell, and Princeton. At Yale a minor sports insignia is awarded for winning a Big Three Championship. Similarly at Cornell, minor sports letters are awarded championship teams. At Princeton the winning of a Big Three or league championship are qualifications for such a reward.

In the past five years ten teams have been considered of championship calibre. Basketball produced such combinations in 1922 and 1925. Polo had a stellar team in 1925. The 150-pound crew, which is a minor sport, was victor over Yale in 1924 and 1925. Squash in 1924 and 1925 had championship teams, winning the national title last year. Winning fencing teams were produced in 1921-1922 and 1923-1924, and the golf team in 1924 was a consistent winner.