SKATERS TO OPPOSE CONQUERORS OF ELI

Second String Forward Line May Start Battle for Crimson--Berkshire Six Brings Impressive Record

Fresh from its 13 to 0 win over Bates College last Saturday night, the powerful Williams sextet took a short workout yesterday preparatory to doing battle with the University skaters at 8.15 o'clock tonight in the Boston Arena. The Crimson stick men were run through a short practice by Coach Bigelow last night and are in good condition for what promises to be one of the tightest contests on the schedule.

Well Fortified with Reserves

Both teams tonight will be supplied with a wealth of reserve strength. The Purple squad has two forward lines of almost equal power although the individual brilliance of Captain Watkins, center and chief scoring threat of the Berkshire six and Popham, speedy wing, has given the first string line a slight edge in starting games. At the defense posts Howe and Baker have started nearly every game for the invaders, and have proved equally efficient at checking and at playing down the ice.

At the goal guarding position the team from Williamstown has two hard men to pass in Hutchins and Chapman. The former was first choice in the contests with Yale during the Christmas holidays, but his rival was in the opening line up against Bates last Saturday night.

Yale System of Defense Used

In spite of the impressive record which the Purple skaters have hung up this season the supporters of the team, up until the Bates contest had deplored the lack of coordination and team play. Against the weak Maine six the winners displayed a powerful and smooth working attack and an impregnable defense. The Williams system of defending the goal is similar to the Eli plan, of bringing back the forwards when the defense men take the puck down the ice.

The Crimson second forward line of Scott, center and Zarakov and Harding wings, has been coming along rapidly in the recent games and it is possible that this combination will be the first to face the invading team tonight. The two lines will probably be kept intact and substituted at frequent intervals. The fight for the right defense berth is still on between Coady and Clark and it is uncertain which one will land the regular job along with Pratt. Captain Cumings, whose work in front of the net has been one of the bright spots in practically every game, is a fixture at his position.

Tickets for tonight's contest may still be obtained at the Athletic Association Office. It was announced yesterday, but is expected that the remaining seats will be purchased before the game and those who wish seats are urged to apply early.