CRIMSON MATMEN FIND SYRACUSE EASY VICTIM

INTERCOLLEGIATE TOURNAMENT SET FOR MARCH

The University matmen were victorious over the strong Syracuse combination by a score of 19 to 8 in their meet at Hemenway Gymnasium Saturday night. The Freshmen were not so lucky, falling before Tufts 1929 with a score of 17 to 6.

In the University matches, that between Stearns and Jeffers, Orange captain, was by far the fastest. Stearns almost gained a fall in the early stages of the bout, and had the upper hand most of the way. Toward the end, however, Jeffers came out from underneath and almost threw his opponent. Stearns won the match by referee's decision.

Hayne, last year's captain, gave a good exhibition, throwing Whitman, star lineman on the Syracuse football team, in two minutes..

In the other feature match of the evening, Captain Bradford was never behind in his bout with Vanarnan of Syracuse, but was unable to secure a fall. He won by referee's decision.

Only two falls occurred in the Freshman matches, Garcelon of Tufts threw Lieberman in the 125-pound class, and Lefrak of the Crimson first-year men won by a fail over Pollis, his opponent.

Intercollegiate Set for March

At a meeting of the Intercollegiate Association yesterday Williams and Tufts were added to the Association membership. The final date of the Intercollegiate meet was settled for March 19 and 20 at M. I. T. It was decided to hold a second team tournament in connection with the event.

The University and Freshman summaries:

115 Pound Class--Turner (H) won over Allen (S) by referee's decision in two overtime periods. 125-pound class: De Leon (S) won over Goldberg (H) by referee's decision in two overtime periods. 136-pound class: Stearns (H) won over Captain Jeffers (S) by referee's decision. 145-pound class: Aunger (S) won over Corson (H) by fall in 30 seconds. 158-pound class: Wood (H) won over Phillips (S) by fall in five minutes 55 seconds. 175-pound class: Hayne (H) won over Whitman (S) by fall in two minutes. Unlimited class: Captain Bradford (H) won over Vanarnan (S) by referee's decision.

115-pound class: Brown (1929) won over Haynes (T) by referee's decision. 125-pound class: Garcelon (T) won over Lieberman (1929) by fall in three minutes 20 seconds. 135-pound class: Lefink (1929) won over Pollis (T) by fall in five minutes 47 seconds. 145-pound class: Sundquist (T) won over Churchill (1929) by referee's decision. 158-pound class: Austin (T) won over Koufman (1929) by referee's decision in one overtime period. 175-pound class: Lucas (T) won over Goodwin (1929) by referee's decision. Unlimited class: Grady (T) won over Murchie (1929) by referee's decision.