SQUASH TEAM NEARS TOP IN TOURNAMENT

With Three More Matches, Championship Possibility Looms--Freshmen Lose to Walk Over 3 to 2

Continuing its desperate drive for top honors in the class B division of the Massachusetts Squash Racquets Association, the Crimson second team of racquet wielders scored a clean sweep against the Milton Club in the five matches played on the loser's floor last Saturday afternoon. By their victory the second squad gained a point on the leaders who each dropped one match out of five on the same day. The Newton Center Club still leads the field two games ahead of the Crimson seconds, while the Harvard Club quintet is still clinging to the ground berth a scant game ahead of the fast coming University entries.

Title Chances Seem Good

Despite their small disadvantage in number of games won, the University seconds now seem to be the strongest contenders for the championship, and if they continue in their present form appear to be certain of capturing the second title in the inter-club competition. The Crimson court men play the Weston team next week and the following Saturday will meet the leading Newton Center five in the most crucial match of the season. The last match will be with the Union Boat Club quintet. The Crimson players are confident of capturing all five contests from the Weston team and are hopeful of dropping not more than one match each to their other two opponents.

Freshmen Lose to Walkover

In the class C race the 1929 court team was unable to gain any advantage when it dropped a 3 to 2 decision to the strong Walk Over team on the University Squash Courts last Saturday. The Freshmen are still in fifth place, eight games behind the league Harvard Club squad.

In the class B match, T. E. Jansen '26, number one, and H. B. Jackson '27, third man, were in top form and experienced little trouble in downing their rivals in straight games. J. L. Pool '28 and P. R. Pease '26 both started slowly against hard opposition but finished with a rush to capture their matches. Manager G. H. Perkins '26, number five, dropped one game but during the rest of the match was master of the situation.

The summary follows:

Class B

T. E. Jansen '26 defeated G. N. Hurd, 15-10, 15-7, 15-5: J. L. Pool '28 defeated Appleton King, 15-13, 12-15, 15-9, 15-9. H. B. Jackson defeated J. B. Ayer, 15-10, 15-11, 15-11. P. R. Pease '26 defeated John Richardson, 15-12, 15-16, 15-10, 18-17, G. B. Perkins '26 defeated O. Williams, 15-11, 12-15, 15-11, 15-12.

Class C

F. A. Parmenter defeated R. L. Debevoise '29, 15-11, 15-9, 7-15, 8-15, 15-8. M. G. Dowling '29 defeated Robert Wallen, 15-9, 16-14, 15-13. A. T. Kent defeated R. O. Bishop '29, 8-15, 15-13, 13-15, 15-12, 15-9. C. H. Olmsted '29 defeated C. W. Burrill, 15-10, 16-13, 15-11. W. E. Keith defeated C. B. Carnegie '29, 17-16, 18-16, 15-12.