CRIMSON SKATERS INVADE PRINCETON

Tiger Record Disappointing in Early Season Games--Gross May Figure as Relief During Game

The University skaters were given a day's rest yesterday following their fierce defense against Toronto Wednesday night, and will leave for Princeton at 9 o'clock this morning to open the Big Three series against the Tigers on the Hobey Baker Memorial Rink, at 8.30 o'clock tomorrow night. Coach Bigelow will take 15 players, three managers, and a doctor with him on the southern invasion.

Hold Workout This Afternoon

This afternoon at 5.30 o'clock the Princetonians will turn the rink over to the Crimson sextet for a short workout in which to become familiar with the new conditions. The Hobey Baker rink is shorter than the Boston Arena and the lighting is different. The University squad will stay at the Princeton Inn tonight.

The entire Tiger team which lost to the Crimson puck men last winter by a 4 to 2 score, with the exception of Stout, will be on hand tomorrow night either as starters or as reserves. In spite of the veteran line-up the Orange and Black six has failed to impress this year, and after the remarkable stand against the Canadians, the University stick men appear to have more than an even chance to register another win.

Tiger Showing Disappointing

The Princeton team has not lived up to the expectations of its supporters this season, having lost a majority of the games played so far. Queen's College of Canada scored an easy victory over the men from Nassau last Wednesday night and previously the St. Nicholas Amateur Club of New York City, and the Royal Military College of Canada had registered wins at the expense of the Tigers. In the Queen's College game the Canadians had little difficulty in outskating their opponents. Prince- ton has an unusually heavy defense line, but it is slower than it should be. The Tigers are reputed to make up for their deficiency in speed by clever stick work.

Colebrook at goal for the Princetonians is a veteran of three years' experience and has been stopping shots well this year. Wilkinson and Davis, the two first string wings, are both letter men. Pittman, who faced the Crimson at center last year, has been replaced by De Lameter, captain of the 1927 Princeton Freshmen.

Same Lineup Likely to Start

The University will present a strengthened line-up tomorrow night if Gross, regular left wing, is sufficiently recovered to play. The speedy forward has had a four-day rest and will make the trip today. The remainder of the squad is in good condition after their stubborn fight against the Varsity squad. Captain Cumings played a strong game in the victory over the Tigers last year and judging by his goal tending this season the Nassau offense will have trouble in finding the Crimson net tomorrow night. Coach Bigelow will probably start the same players again although it is uncertain whether Gross will be able to begin the contest. Harding will be at left wing in the event that Gross can not play.

The Princetonians suffered an injury in the Queen's College game, when Charles, the heaviest man on the ice, was hurt in body checking a Canadian forward. He may not be able to get into the fray tomorrow as a result