DOZEN VOLUMES LISTED FOR UNIVERSITY PRESS

G. P. WINSHIP WRITES ANOTHER BOOK ON PRINTING

The Mid-Winter List of books to be published by the University Press was announced yesterday by Mr. D. T. Pottinger '06, of the Harvard University Press. It includes 12 books on subjects of widely varied interest, to be given publication during the next three months. The first four volumes will be in print by January 25, three more will be ready February 25, and the last five will be published by March 25.

Among the January books, the first by Alexander McAdie '84, Professor of Meteorology at the University from 1903 to 1914, entitled "Winds and Weather", is a scientifically accurate but entertaining treatment of lightning, winds, storms, droughts, and all the causes and peculiarities of the weather.

Sixteenth Century Songs Collected

Samuel M. Waxman '07 has written a critical history of one of the most interesting periods in modern French drama, which he calls "Antoine and the Theatre Libre". "A Gorgeous Gallery of Gallant Inventions" is the alliterative title of a volume of late sixteenth century songs collected by Hyder E. Rollins Hon. '16. This book is a reprint of a delightful anthology of popular songs of that period. Arthur H. Cole Hon. '13 has compiled a two volume history of the development of wool industry in this country. The title of the work is "The American Wool Manufacture."

Included in the list for the following month is a new book by George Parker Winship '93, Librarian of the Harry Elkins Widener Collection, on printing. It is called "From Gutenberg to Plantin", and is a brief and fully illustrated history of this period in the art of printing. Dr. E. W. Taylor '88 has written a volume in which he gives an authoritative account of various efforts to utilize mental therapy. The book is called "Mental Elements in the Treatment of Disease".

The third work to be given publication in February is "Sheridan to Watson", a history of the English theatre and drama from 1800 to 1870 by E. B. Watson '12. This volume is illustrated from the rare originals in the Shaw Theatre Collection.

American Folk-Songs to Be Printed

An unusually attractive book in the March publications will be a collection of American folk songs by Franz Rickaby '17, entitled "Ballads and Songs of the Shanty Book. Mr. Rickaby collected his songs and chantles from among the lumbermen of Wisconsin, Michigan, and Minnesota.

A new edition of "Cotton Mather" by Barrett Wendell '77 is to be a handsome volume of Professor Wendell's finest book. "Chronicles of the East India Company in China" is the history of an important chapter in the development of the English dominions overseas by H. B. Morse '74 of Surrey, England. W. M. Ivins '01 of the Metropolitan Museum of Art, New York City, has written a fully illustrated book on the interests and recreations of a gentleman scholar, called "Books and Prints". The last volume is titled "A Book of Old Maps", written collaboratively by E. D. Fite '05 and Archibald Freeman.