FALL TRACK DRAWS 100 CANDIDATES AT OPENING

"More Emphasis to Be Placed on Fall Conditioning" Says Farrell--Urges Freshmen to Report

Nearly 100 track candidates reported yesterday for practice on Soldiers Field following the first meeting last Wednesday, and the squad is expected to increase in size during the remainder of the week.

"Fall practice is to play a much more important part in Harvard track this year than ever before," declared Coach Farrell yesterday in stressing the fact that it is in fall practice that the men who will run in the winter and spring meets will be trained. "There are many places left vacant by graduation, which must be filled by new men, some of whom will be comparatively inexperienced. This year will be one in which inexperienced men will have the greatest chance in some years to win a place on the University squad."

Freshmen Urged to Report

The University mentor went on to emphasize the fact that experience is absolutely unnecessary, and especially urged Freshmen to report at an early date as the coaches are better able at present to give each man personal attention than they will be able later in the year.

Practice will continue until late in November, when a general-tall meet will conclude the season. Candidates are asked to report with equipment ready or work at the following hours; for the Shot Put 1.30 to 2.00 o'clock; Discus, 2 to 2:30 o'clock; Javelin, 2.30 to 3: Pote Vault, 3 o'clock; all Runners, 3 o'clock.