Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

BIGELOW LEAVES ONE THIRD OF FORTUNE TO UNIVERSITY

The will of Dr. W. S. Bigelow '71 of 56 Beacon St., Boston, who died recently, leaves the balance of a residuary fund, over and above certain gifts amounting to more than $200,000, to Harvard College, the Museum of Fine Arts, and Massachusetts General Hospital in equal shares. The money bequeathed to the University is for the use of the Botanical Garden and of the Medical School.

From 1879 to 1881, Dr. Bigelow was an instructor in surgery at the Harvard-Medical School. He became distinguished as an authority not only on surgical matters but also on Buddhism and Oriental religions.

In 1908, Dr. Bigelow returned to the University as a lecturer on the Buddhist Doctrine. He was decorated by the Emperor of Japan with the rank of Commander of the Imperial Order of the Rising Sun. He was a trustee of the Museum of Fine Arts and a director of the New Boston Music Hall.