ZARAKOV PICKED TO TAKE MILLER'S JOB

Putnam to Carry Kicking Burden With French on Injured List--Horween Drills on Pass Defense

Following the usual Thursday light workout, Coach Horween last night announced the lineup of the eleven which will start against William and Mary in the Stadium tomorrow afternoon at 2.30 o'clock instead of at 3 o'clock as was previously announced.

Meadows and Saltonstall will be at the end positions at the start of hostilities tomorrow, with Simonds and Pratt holding down the tackle assignments. Kilgour and Goodwin are the guards, while Gamache will be at center. In the backfield the Harvard mentor will start Putnam at quarterback in an offensive combination completed by Zarakov, Clark and Sayles. This will mark Zarakov's first appearance in a starting backfield since the Yale contest of a year ago.

Except for Miller, French, and Walker, Dr. T. K. Richards has pronounced the Crimson squad in excellent physical condition, with every other player being available tomorrow if the coaches so desire. Captain Coady has so far recovered from his injury sustained in the Geneva game that he is virtually certain to get into the game although he will not start.

French Definitely Out.

With French definitely out of tomorrow's game, the kicking burden will fall on Putnam, although if Chauncey is put in the backfield during the afternoon he will probably handle the punting assignment. Against Dartmouth Coady is expected to do the kicking, but it is doubtful if the Crimson captain has had enough practice thus far to take over the job while he is playing tomorrow.

During an afternoon devoted mainly to dummy scrimmage, Coach Horween put considerable emphasis on the defense against a forward passing attack. A year ago William and Mary was able to complete four passes out of 17 attempts, and the bulk of the Virginians' attack tomorrow is expected to come via the air route.

In dummy scrimmage between, Teams A and B of the University, the Crimson regulars also gave considerable attention to the offensive use of the pass, with Putnam on the receiving end of several good heaves.