SMOOTHER FRESHMAN TEAM TACKLES EXETER OUTFIT ON FOREIGN FIELD

Coach Casey Has Welded His Team More Closely, in Past Week--Exeter Held Yale '30 to Tie Score

The Freshman football team journeys to Exeter today to meet the schoolboys in the second game of the 1930 season. Stung by a 6 to 0 defeat at the hands of Andover last week, the Freshmen are intent on avenging on Exeter the doings of its rival. Exeter, on the other hand will be out to erase last year's 15-0 setback.

Exeter tied, 6 to 6, the Yale Freshmen a week ago, and the current report was that the Eli first-year aggregation had rather the better of the breaks in the struggle. The contest today will be watched with eager interest as giving a very good line on the relative abilities of the Crimson and Blue 1930 elevens.

Coach E. L. Casey '19, of the Freshman eleven expects a hard game, but sees an encouraging sign in the greater co-operation and team spirit of the men, all of which has developed in the past week. Against Andover, the weakness of the Freshmen lay not so much in offense or defense, but in lack of co-ordinate team-play, which is due, naturally enough, to the abbreviated length of time that the men had worked together. Another week's work has smoothed one many of the rough spots, and a much-improved eleven will take the field at the New Hampshire school this afternoon. HARVARD 1930  EXETER Fuller l.e.  r.e. Williams Storey l.t.  r.t. Kales Fordyce l.g.  r.g. Summer Bigelow c.  c. Murch Toichnor r.g.  l.g. Tyson Waterman r.t.  l.t. Finnlayson Lewis r.e.  l.e. McCullough Wetmore q.b.  q.b. Coombs Mason l.h.b.  r.h.b. Farr Devens r.h.b.  l.h.b. Corhman Coolidge or Hitch f.b.  f.b.F. Gilligan