Former Defense Department General Counsel Appointed Harvard’s Top Lawyer

Democracy Center Protesters Stage ‘Emergency Rally’ with Pro-Palestine Activists Amid Occupation

Harvard Violated Contract With HGSU in Excluding Some Grad Students, Arbitrator Rules

House Committee on China to Probe Harvard’s Handling of Anti-CCP Protest at HKS

Harvard Republican Club Endorses Donald Trump in 2024 Presidential Election

WHITBECK FAVORED TO RETAIN TENNIS CROWN

WHITBECK AND LENHART, GORDON AND INGRAHAM ARE PAIRED

Out of 185 entrants in the University singles tournament, three of the four semifinalists are veterans from last year's tennis team. J. F. W. Whitbeck '27, L. H. Gordon '27, P. M. Lenhart '27, and Arthur Ingraham '30, will play off the next to the last round tomorrow, Ingraham, a Freshman from Andover has shown excellent form in placing with the University net-men.

The semi-finals in the University doubles have also been reached and will be played off within the next twodays. The only unexpected result was the 6-2, 6-3 defeat of W. T Smith 1 G. B. and P. M. Lenhart '27, a University doubles combination last spring, by the Sophomore cream of J. H. Appleton '29, and J. C. Rueter '29. The second-year men displayed some excellent stroking and good teamwork to win over the veteran players in the best match of the doubles tournament so for. J. F. W. Whitbeck '27, captain of last year's tennis team, is a favorite in a meet that has been marked by several upsets. The best three out of five sets at Jarvis Field will decide the finalists today. Three veterans and a sellar Freshman player will fight for the final bracket in the University's largest tournament. Whitbeck will meet Lenhart, while Gordon clashes with Ingraham.

Union Tourney Progresses

In the Union tennis tourneys. Class A singles and the doubles have progressed to the semi-final stage, Class B singles, with a large entry list, is still in the third round.