A More Friendly Atmosphere

THE MAIL

To the Editor of the Harvard CRIMSON:

Some truth there is in the CRIMSON editorial of Wednesday morning entitled "Those Sad Young Men". It is a negative truth, however and not the whole truth. Undoubtedly, more opportunity should be provided to gain that appreciation of common existence in a common interest" in graduate student life. Effort towards this end is, however not wholly lacking as has been intimated.

The fundamental purpose of the Graduate Schools Society of Phillips Brooks House Association is to satisfy this social need of graduate students. Receptions, teas lectures, discussion groups, and trips have provided in the past and do now provide such opportunities for graduate students. Men of one department meet men of other departments. Business School men meet students of architecture and philosophy students meet economics students.

The efforts of Phillips Brooks House Association have helped in the past and will continue to do so. They may be strengthened by the co-operation and backing of the CRIMSON. We sincerely believe that the CRIMSON can sound a more positive note and truly help us in providing a more friendly atmosphere and means to making this "our University" and "not a strange Harvard." E. Morris Cox, Jr.   Secretary Graduate Schools Society