CRIMSON RUNNERS SCORE HEAVY WIN IN M. I. T. CLASH

Freshmen Outscore Tech 15 to 59--First Seven Places Captured by Crimson First-Year Men

With a great display of reserve strength the University cross-country team placed seven out of the first ten men in the meet with M. I. T. yesterday to win 21 to 36. J. L. Reid '29, Harvard's brilliant Sophomore runner, won his second first place of the season by out-lasting McClintock of M. I. T. after running stride and stride with him most of the distance.

Captain E. C. Haggerty '27 closely followed McClintock and was himself trailed by Kerwin of M. I. T., W. B. King '27, and Captain Akerly of M. I. T.

The winning time for the race was 28 minutes and 30 seconds, the fastest marked up by the Crimson runners this season. The decisive victory over the Technology stars seems to show that Captain Haggerty's team is as powerful and as well balanced as any in the East.

1930 Overwhelms Visitors.

The Freshman harriers lived up to expectations by burying the Engineer aggregation under a 15 to 59 score. The seven first men to cross the line were Crimson runners. F. B. Hyde '30 led the field with the time of 18 minutes and 33 and one-fifth seconds. He was followed by R. D. Williams '30 and F. B. Thurber '30. Captain W. G. Dooley '30 encouraged his men during the race and finished seventh jogging easily.

The double triumph over M. I. T. leaves the Harvard record unmarred so far this season. Holy Cross, Dartmouth, and M. I. T. have succumbed to Coach Mikkola's well-conditioned harriers.

At 10 o'clock this morning, the Interscholastic meet scheduled annually by the H. A. A. will take place. Sixteen schools will have teams entered in this race. The course will be around the inside of Soldiers Field and will amount to a two and a half mile run.

Andover Academy won the prepartory school cup last year and Arlington High captured the public school event. These same teams are favored again this year. Eighty-four runners in all will travel over the Stadium course this morning.