Amid Boston Overdose Crisis, a Pair of Harvard Students Are Bringing Narcan to the Red Line

At First Cambridge City Council Election Forum, Candidates Clash Over Building Emissions

Harvard’s Updated Sustainability Plan Garners Optimistic Responses from Student Climate Activists

‘Sunroof’ Singer Nicky Youre Lights Up Harvard Yard at Crimson Jam

‘The Architect of the Whole Plan’: Harvard Law Graduate Ken Chesebro’s Path to Jan. 6

Philosophical Conference Holds Session at Harvard

Congress, a dinner was given at the Coploy Plaza by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts for all the delegates. At this dinner, various members spoke, giving thanks for their recepton and high praise for the success of the Congress.

This Congress at the University was the second since the World War, and the first meeting to take place outside of Europe. Scholars from two Hemispheres comened at Smith Halls as guests of the University and were housed in the Freshman dorintories, Envoys from China, India, Turkey, and Japan represented the Orient, while England, France, Germany, Russia, Italy Belgium, Switzerland, Poland and Czecho Slovakia sent representatives from Europe.

Previous Congresses have been held at Paris (1900), Geneva (1904), Heidelburg (1908), Bologue (1911, and Naples (1924). The fifth Congress which had been fully planned for Oxford in 1915, wasabandoned on account of the War, while the Naples Congress failed to secure a well balanced representation Hence the meeting at the University this fall was really the first international gathering sence the War.

President Nichols Murray Butler of Columbia University was chairman of the Organizing Committee and arrainged all the details for the meeting of the Congress.

Professor W. E. Hockng '01, Professor of Philosophy at th University and President of the Eastern Branch of the American Philosophical Association, was in charge of the Recepton Committee, while Professor J. H. Woods '87, was head of the Entertainment Committee.