Former Defense Department General Counsel Appointed Harvard’s Top Lawyer

Democracy Center Protesters Stage ‘Emergency Rally’ with Pro-Palestine Activists Amid Occupation

Harvard Violated Contract With HGSU in Excluding Some Grad Students, Arbitrator Rules

House Committee on China to Probe Harvard’s Handling of Anti-CCP Protest at HKS

Harvard Republican Club Endorses Donald Trump in 2024 Presidential Election

THE OBVIOUS CONCLUSION

There can be but one definite, sane, and satisfactory conclusion to all that has been said and written in the last few days about the Princeton-Harvard game, namely, that immediate action be taken to return that game to its place as an athletic contest between friendly and ancient rivals, two venerable and dignified American universities. It is too easy to make verbal gestures, either of derision or understanding and sympathetic cooperation toward a common end; it is often too difficult to let such gestures give way before adequate and conclusive action.

Yet if ever the proper time for such action can be conceived of now is that time. While both colleges are laying their cards upon the table, are striving to clear the atmosphere of trivial, though insinuating misunderstandings, some definite attempt at an analysis of the situation by accredited representatives of both student bodies and an attempt by them to offer remedial suggestions based on such an analysis should be made. Thus the necessary conclusion to the tempest which has leeward over this last weekend must be defined as the appointment of a committee by the Princeton Senior Council and the Harvard Student Council which can cooperate in an effort to find the facts of the case and to act thereon.