ODDS EVEN AS CRIMSON FRESHMEN INVADE YALE

Comparative Scores Show Teams on a Par--Freshmen Have Not Won From Yale Since 1919

With the chances of victory equal, the Harvard Freshman eleven will meet the Yale Freshman team this afternoon in the Yale Bowl. The crimson-jerseyed players will be fighting to break the series of Yale Freshman wins that extends unbroken from 1920. It was in 1919, when C. C. Buell '23 and George Owen '23 were the first-year luminaries, that victory last perched on the Crimson banner.

With each team defeated once and tied once, the two elevens seem to be nearly on a par. Andover and Exeter have been the only common opponents of both, and the relative strength of the two yearling outfits is shrouded in a cloud of 6's and 2's. Andover downed the Harvard 1930 men, 6 to 0, and lost to Yale 2 to 0, while Exeter, after tying the Blue 6 to 6, fell before Harvard 2 to 0.

In its other games the Crimson eleven conquered Worcester Academy 22 to 0 and the Holy Cross Freshmen by 14 to 0. Yale has overcome Roxbury School 13-7, and the Princeton Freshmen 10 to 7, but was buried by Lake Forest, undefeated in three years, under an 18 to 0 count.