Tension Exists in Brighton Blue Coat Camp as Havanas Fail to Appear--Capless Cops Confident of Coronas

The Princeton cigars have not arrived. Ten wistful goal-post guardians stand and wait at the Brighton police station. Though the post man brings no parcel, the blue-coats trust in the Tiger. They are without hats but not without faith.

Captain J. M. Anderson of Station 14 greeted a CRIMSON reporter yesterday without a great deal of enthusiasm.

"Yeah, we got a letter from the Princetonian," he said, "but we haven't got any cigars yet. You're from Harvard ain't ya? Well I don't wancha to go and publish any slam at Princeton. We're going ta get the cigars all right, six boxes of 'em, Corona Belvederes. Here, read the letter." He handed the communication to the reporter.

The message was from Langdon Bell, Business Manager of the Daily Princetonian and stated that a shipment of cigars was en route for Brighton to be distributed to the men suffering sartorially from last Saturday's defense of the goal-posts.

Their sportsmanship was commended by the Princetonian. Lieutenant H. P. Grace, Sergeant T. S. Hardy and Officers Chester Barron, John Foley, T. J. Mundy, and R. E. Reimen were mentioned in the letter as recipients of the cigars, but the four unnamed guardians will also receive their due. All the victims of the football aftermath have attended Harvard games as Stadium retainers for a number of seasons. Their downfall last Saturday was the first reverse they have received.

At present the goal-post gladiators are resting amid a fetid odor of five-cent Havanas. The matches, the spitoons, and all the accessories for a nicotine festival are at hand. All that is needed is the shipment of Corona Belvederes.